Self-Driving Vehicle Operator (Driver) - Chandler, Arizona
Company: Transdev Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Self-Driving Vehicle Operator (Driver) - Automated Vehicle Division
in Phoenix, Arizona
If you are passionate about safety, creative minded and enjoy
working in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you. You
will work in a start-up environment with a highly collaborative
team of professionals in the rapidly growing automated vehicle
Transdev Alternative Services, Inc. is the NEW autonomous vehicle
division. We are looking for Self-Driving Vehicle Operators.
Come join the largest private-sector operator of public
transportation in North America - one that cares about its
employees, passengers and their communities.
* Starting Pay Rate: $20.00 /hr
* We offer development opportunities
* Excellent benefits including- Pension Plan, affordable medical,
dental and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation pay, paid holidays
and much more!
* Maintain Transdev's high standard of safety, inside and outside
of the vehicle;
* Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an understanding
of the technology in his/her care, and a willingness to constantly
adjust to changes in the environment;
* Be the deputy for technology by communicating courteously always
with management, engineers, and the public;
* Operate a vehicle 6-8 hours a day alone, five days a week; able
to sit still for long periods of time;
* Capable of responding quickly to changing and potentially
* Work mostly individually but also in small groups of 2-10
* Monitor multiple software systems with constant focus;
* Provide concise, clear, and accurate verbal and written feedback
regarding the vehicle's operations;
* Complete daily reports and document procedures and tests.
* Interact with the members of the public and educate them on
* Operate self-driving vehicle on both defined and undefined
routes, including a variety of environmental conditions.
* Operate onboard data recording computers;
* Comfortable riding as a passenger in a self-driving vehicle,
where the driver may have little control over the vehicle's
* Comply with Transdev's Autonomous Vehicle Division zero-tolerance
policy regarding the use of alcohol or drugs by self-driving
vehicle operators during a shift, including randomized drug
* Other duties as required
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required :
* Must be 21 years old;
* High School Diploma or GED required. Four-year college degree
(preferred) in a related field like industrial or applied
* Must have and maintain a driving record that meets state AVT
(Autonomous Vehicle Tester) and/or other applicable regulations and
* Meets driver requirements, including driving record and criminal
history under applicable regulations and laws in the state(s) in
which the self-driving vehicle monitor will be working.
* Ability to parallel park with minimal assistance.
* Upon acceptance of work, must be willing to be enrolled in a
commercial driving program, including a randomized drug testing
* Minimum of 3 years of experience driving on public roads.
Additional experience is preferred;
* Proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail,
Hangouts, and Driver, including Sheets and Docs);
* Proficiency with using a touchscreen smartphone (Android
preferred by not required); and
* Must be able to type at least 40 adjusted wpm.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
* Must have good attention to detail and be able to quickly and
concisely describe their thoughts;
* Must be able to transport animals (i.e. service
* Capable of responding quickly and simultaneously to multiple
* Adapt quickly to new and developing technology;
* Cross-functional verbal and written communication and issue
* Must be able to multitask multiple technologies, including
communications devices and vehicle status systems
* Must be able to work the overnight shift, and travel for up to
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
* Must be self-motivated and demonstrate good judgement, in
fast-paced, high stress environments.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job
description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks
that an employee may be required to perform. Transdev reserves the
right to revise this job description at any time.
* Must submit to a drug test and background check
* Driving Record
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Transdev will also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-11017
Position Category Driver/Operator - Bus, Paratransit, Taxi, Limo,
Internal Code #TNA
Internal Reference 609
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services
Keywords: Transdev Inc, Avondale , Self-Driving Vehicle Operator (Driver) - Chandler, Arizona, Professions , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!