Campus IT Technician 1
Company: Vertex Education
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Ignite your desire to be the best! Imagine an energy so
positive, so powerful, it ignites your desire to be the best,
inspires you to bring out the best in others, and fuels your
aspiration to do the best work of your career.At Legacy Traditional
Schools we do things a special way, in a way that ignites our
desire to be the best, illuminates our educators' best talents,
lights up the minds of our students, and fuels our school spirit.
We shine the brightest when we raise our hands and rise to the
challenge of changing lives through education, cultivating bright
curious minds, achieving award-winning results, upholding our
values, and engaging positively with our students, parents and
communities. POSITION OVERVIEW The primary responsibility of the IT
Tech I position is to provide the first level of IT support to all
users at the campus. - Any issues they are unable to resolve will
be escalated to the Regional IT Specialist. The Level 1 technician
will also assist in the installation, maintenance, upgrade, and
repair of all IT-related equipment and software. This technician
will perform regularly scheduled checks of the campus to ensure
technology is working as expected. - These duties will be performed
under the guidance of the Principal. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSFirst Level
Technical Support (80%)
- Perform initial technical troubleshooting steps for both
hardware and software related issues
- Repair or replace necessary devices/peripherals as needed
- Build out of new computers and set up of workstations
- Ability to recognize when an issue needs escalation to other
members of the team
- Work on support requests via ticketing system, and other means
- High level troubleshooting of network issues
- Train users on use of hardware and software
- After hours special events and activity supportProjects (20%)
- Assist in new campus technology rollouts and refreshes (staff
workstation and lab set up)
- Provide documentation of recurring issues and instructions an
end user can perform in attempt to self-resolve for faster
resolution KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES Education, Licensure, or
- CompTIA A+ Certification Required
- CompTIA Network+ Certification (preferred) Work Experience or
- 2+ years of experience with the setup and configuration of
workstations and servers (hardware and software), printers, and
copiers. Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic working knowledge of information systems concepts
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to follow
- Good organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic ability to work on multiple competing customer needs with
flexibility and professionalism.
- Basic knowledge of IT Service Management concepts and ticketing
- Basic PC support knowledge that includes understanding of
computer hardware (desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, etc).
- Basic operating system and software knowledge that includes
Active Directory, Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite/O365,
ChromeOS, Google GSuite.
- Basic understanding of mobile device platforms (iOS and
Android), hardware and device management (MDM)
- Basic understanding of fundamentals of computer networking,
including basic network connectivity troubleshooting skills.
- Basic understanding of A/V equipment (projectors, displays) and
collaborative work tools including Slack, Google Meet, Microsoft
Teams and Zoom.
- Basic understanding of VoIP telephone systems, paging systems
and scrolling billboards. Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to work closely with end users with different levels of
understanding and abilities in describing their issues.
- Ability to work in front of staff and students while performing
- Ability to recognize when an issue needs escalation to other
members of the team.
- Ability to work through complex technical issues.
- Ability to communicate to both the end user and IT staff for
- Ability to follow-up with end user(s) and keep them
- Desire to learn and provide quality support for all campus end
users. BACKGROUND CHECKS
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a
criminal history background checkArizona Employees: - -
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One
Fingerprint Clearance Card at all timesNevada Employees:
- NV Fingerprint Background Check PHYSICAL AND TRAVEL
REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the need to lift objects (up to 50
pounds) on occasion.
- This position may require sitting for long periods at times,
talking on the phone, standing, kneeling, stooping and long periods
of concentration. Enjoy the benefits of being the bestEducation is
not a spectator sport, so we encourage you work hard, learn, have
fun and always do your best. If you raise your hand to accept the
challenge of changing lives through education and give your very
best to contribute to our students' success, you'll experience: A.
our colorful school spiritB. a fulfilling careerC. a culture of
connectionD. our spirit of traditionE. the benefits of being the
best.Hint: If asked in your interview how we ignite your desire to
be the best, the answer is "All of the above" Enjoy
industry-leading pay, rewards, referral bonuses and paid time-off.
Care for your health and your family with comprehensive medical,
dental and vision benefits, discounted onsite childcare and student
enrollment priority, even for part-time roles. Invest in your
future with retirement plans - Arizona has 401(k) plans with 6%
employer matching, Nevada participates in the Nevada State
Retirement PERS and Texas participate in the Texas retirement TRS.
Enhance your growth with promotion opportunities, training,
mentoring and tuition reimbursement. Thrive in a welcoming,
supportive and inclusive environment where we celebrate the
diversity of our team and our communities and uphold our values to
treat others with fairness, equality and respect as an equal
opportunity employer. Come be an educator with LTSEvery team
member, from our support staff to our leadership team has knowledge
to share, skills to teach, inspiration to offer, and a passion for
helping others learn and perform their best, which is why we are
proud to call all our employees educators.Our smart, talented,
diverse educators across Arizona, Nevada and Texas are working
together to change lives through education and make our charter
schools the best place learn, grow and work. Come be an educator at
Legacy Traditional Schools and experience a positive collective
energy so powerful, it ignites your desire to be the best! Ignite
your career. Apply Today! PandoLogic. Keywords: IT Specialist,
Location: Avondale, AZ - 85323
Keywords: Vertex Education, Avondale , Campus IT Technician 1, Professions , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!