Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician II
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician II
We are having a hiring event on Tuesday, 1/11 from 1:00pm to 6:00pm
and Friday, 1/14 from 9:00am to 2:00pm at the Tolleson site.
$3,000.00 sign-on bonus
To assist Fleet Technicians in providing safe, reliable and
cost-efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive
maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to perform
diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road,
reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on
vehicles and equipment (Tractors, Trailers, Convertor Dollies, Lift
Gates, Light Duty Vehicles) to maximize the safety, reliability,
and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet to
include, but not limited to First Article Inspection
(FAI)/Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVI) (Annual) Inspections,
Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company
methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers,
converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other
company-owned equipment, perform quality maintenance repairs as
required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles
including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates,
light-duty vehicles and any company-owned equipment.
- Perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles such as
inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road-call repairs
in a safe, efficient, and quality manner, addressing all Driver
Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR) write-ups timely, efficiently and
correctly the first time, diagnose cause of any malfunction and
perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not
limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line,
differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system,
exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems,
electrical systems, brake systems, Heating, Ventilation, and Air
Conditioning (HVAC) systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and
- Document all work performed on Work Order (SAP) using
Complaint, Cause, and Correction Format.
- Learn and develop efficiency in all Maintenance Relates Sysco
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2-year school.
- Either, 1 Year Experience with 2 Year Technical Degree or 3
years experience in Fleet Maintenance and Repair.
Certifications, Licenses and/or Registrations
- ASE Certification ' Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty.
- Current and Valid Drivers License, CDL-A Preferred.
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge Skills and
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge Skills and
- Basic Knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and
- Knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and repair of electrical
systems on all equipment.
- Understanding and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric,
- Working knowledge of Computer-based diagnostic software for OEM
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or
feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and crawl
- Vision abilities to include Close & Distance vision, color,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We re looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Avondale , Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician II, Professions , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!