Analyst, Membership CRM
Company: Environmental Defense Fund
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Overview With world attention on both the environment and the
economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and
business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong
science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we
tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the
world's largest environmental organizations, with more than two
million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists,
economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the
world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running
across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where
innovation and results are a way of life. EDF envisions a world in
which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to
the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating
durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share
our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and
Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Responsibilities Overall Function Reporting to the Sr. Manager,
Database Marketing, the Analyst, Membership CRM is a data analyst
who uses database-query, relationship-management applications, and
statistical software to help EDF communicate effectively with its
donors. This position requires attention to detail, can-do
attitude, perseverance, and desire to learn-and-work with advanced
tools for segmentation, list pulls, data mining, and statistical
analysis projects. This position also requires the willingness to
learn and understand the nonprofit fundraising sector and direct
marketing techniques. The ideal candidate will have experience
using relational databases, database-query applications and has
worked with people with varying levels of technical background. We
are open to considering qualified candidates to be based in the
U.S. but work remotely. Key Responsibilities
- Produce direct-mail, telemarketing, and occasional e-mail house
lists, and create tracking records of those solicitations using
EDF's existing deployment of IBM Campaign.
- Work with our cross channel staff, IT, and consultants to
increase the efficiency and use of the application in addressing
- Translate business requirements into data requirements and
- Use query tools, Salesforce reports, and Excel to conduct
research into data-hygiene issues and provide requested
information, reports, and explanations.
- Learn about non-profit fundraising techniques and gain
familiarity with EDF testing practices and results.
- Use statistical software, such as Minitab, to analyze test
results and make recommendations to the marketing team.
- Research statistical tools and methods that fit the analytical
need, make recommendations and document findings. Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience working with CRM applications or
advanced degree plus one year experience working with CRM
- Proven logical and organizational skills related to programming
- Ability to address challenges with data applications by asking
questions, consulting manuals, and researching online
- Ability to clearly and completely express professional and/or
technical information in memos, reports, and other written
material. Effect communication orally and in writing with
co-workers, internal staff elsewhere at EDF, and third
- Ability to address inquiries thoroughly up to moderate levels
of complexity and novelty.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work
independently when projects are due.
- Required skills include experience using many of the following
applications: IBM Campaign (Unica), IBM Cognos, Salesforce,
Adestra, BlueVenn, SQL, advanced Excel, Minitab or other
- Background in statistics is a strong plus. Please include a
cover letter sharing why you're interested in the role.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where
an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: Environmental Defense Fund, Avondale , Analyst, Membership CRM, Professions , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!