Development Product Owner I
Posted on: November 29, 2019
Purpose of JobRepresents business stakeholders to elicit,
understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business
and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions.
Utilizes an advanced understanding of customer needs, as well as
business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business
value and delivery. Works within multiple evolving development
methodologies including iterative agile and sequential Waterfall
programs and projects and variations thereof. Serves as the
business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of
subject matter specialists from the business. Serves as the day to
day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the
execution team. Prioritizes the execution team------s work so that
it aligns with the sponsor------s/business executives------
strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for
completion and proper documentation of business requirements and
validating metrics as appropriate for methodology ad Enterprise
controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify
and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates
issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.Job
- Works with different technologies (infrastructure, mobile,
MSR-facing_, and/or with vendor partnerships or software.
- Identifies, engages and influences business stakeholders and
Subject Matter Experts.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand
and validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining a
proficient understanding of the needs, measures, and risks &
controls for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery
teams representing/reinforcing the customer------s perspective
throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to
manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
- Assists with project level plans related to schedule, scope and
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates a cross-functional team
of user experience partners, designers, business analysts,
developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in
alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work
items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the
decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
- Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback
and new requirements from stakeholder.
- Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure
specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepares the business for the change and arms them with tactics
and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Assists with coaching less experienced DPOs and team
- Bachelor------s Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement,
project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business
- Proficient knowledge with multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e.; Agile, Waterfall).
- Proficient knowledge of Process Engineering methodologies and
Change Management practices.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and
applicable databases.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. -- This will take
approximately 5 minutes. -- Once you begin the questions you will
not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.Preferred Requirements:
- 1 plus years of SAFe ExperienceThe above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. --
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager------s approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
12/03/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Development Product Owner I, Other , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!