Sensitive Data Security Advisor (mid-level)
Posted on: November 20, 2019
Purpose of JobEvaluates, designs, monitors, administers and/or
implements data security systems, policies and processes focusing
on mitigating, reporting and analysis of data security risk.
Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product.
Works under minimal supervision on semi complex work assignments
and recommends appropriate solutions and problem resolution.Job
- Provides advice, guidance and assistance to managers and other
users on technical issues focusing on data security risk and
supports USAA development projects, departmental initiatives and
other special projects. -
- Supports the lines of business and staff agencies with data
security issues and may communicate changes and trends in the data
security standards and regulations.
- Responsible for implementation and interpretation of data
security policies, guidelines and standards including data security
- Provides peer review of work product and deliverables and
executes may release of information analysis to third party
- Executes the data security risk and control identification,
evaluation, documentation, analysis and reporting processes
including analytic tools.
- Test internal data security controls for risk mitigation
- Maintains strategic and operational risk reporting and
analytics as well as address responses to audit questions, and
- Writes basic data security governance.
- Publishes, maintains, and interprets moderately complex data
security governance (e.g. policies, principles, standards).
- Executes repeatable methods and measurements to determine data
security risk and recommends improvements to the process.
- Integrates risk management strategies and educates and consults
with risk owners on best practices.
- Provides consulting (advice, guidance and assistance) to
individuals and teams on data security risk, to guide the security
direction of USAA development projects and departmental
- Determines requirements, recommends system security
configurations, and risk mitigation effectiveness.
- Responds both verbally and in writing to routine inquiries and
periodic exams from both internal control partners (e.g. legal,
compliance, audit, risk) and external control partners (e.g.
regulators, external auditors, third-parties).
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
4 or more years of information governance and/or information
security work experience.
Proficient knowledge of relevant technical
discipline.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Exposure on Enterprise wide implementation of data security
tool and protection capabilities (e.g. data classification, data
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards
specific to data management ( PCI DSS, GLBA, HIPAA, SOX, EUGDPR,
CCPA, FFIEC, NYDFS, etc.)
- Exposure within one or more of the following areas: Information
Security, IT Governance, Risk Management and IT Audit
- Knowledge with development of enterprise level
policies/standards/Controls for securing PCI/PII/PHI Data
- Knowledge having supported Enterprise wide rollout of
information security tools
- Exposure having participated in enterprise level threat/risk
assessments on PCI/PII/PHI data sets
- Experience with communication and change management for
Sensitive Data Management
- Exposure of Agile frameworkThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for
this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must
have manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 9/23/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Sensitive Data Security Advisor (mid-level), Other , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!