Human Resources Generalist (Avondale, Arizona)
Company: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp
Posted on: November 1, 2019
Human Resources Generalist (Avondale, Arizona)
Human Resources & Total Rewards
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified
generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion
of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an
expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects,
organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission
businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate
regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to
over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission
business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and
natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as
Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term
contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and
thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+
GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers,
communities and investors for our people, passion and
Please note, internally, this role will be referred to as, Human
Resources Business Partner
MANDATE: The HR Generalist performs professional HR duties in
support in the West Region, primarily Arizona and Texas. Provides
recruiting, onboarding, maintains employee records, administer
policies and programs, assist with training and compensation
projects. Acts as an employee champion and change agent. Formulates
partnerships across the organization to deliver value-added HR
services to management and employees that reflects the business
objectives. The majority of time is spent at the Avondale office.
This position requires occasional travel throughout Arizona and
Texas as well as Canada.
RECRUITING, SELECTION, HIRING AND ORIENTATION:
* Assist HR manager the full cycle recruitment process, including:
job postings and advertisements.
* Supports the supervisors/managers in the functions of
communicating, interviewing, and selection of candidates.
* Arranges for pre-employment background and drug & alcohol
* Conducts new employee orientations and processes all new hire
documentation for HRIS system.
* Maintains and updates the HRIS for Company employees as
* Maintains required legal postings for Arizona and Texas.
* Provides periodic reports as requested/required.
* Assists managers/supervisors on job description to include
* Designs and revises HR forms as needed.
* Process employee terminations to include preparing employee
separation notices, related documentation, and conducts exit
* Creates the annual holiday schedules, as approved, and
* Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance
and internal equity.
ADMINISTRATION OF POLICIES AND PROGRAMS:
* Provides day-to-day administration of leaves of absence, to
include short/long term disability.
* Coordinates performance management processes, compensation
programs and supporting correspondence for supervisors and
* Assists EHS with workers' compensation as needed or required.
* Serves as first point of contact for employees.
* Liaison between the employees, Corporate and third parties.
* Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts
effective, thorough and objective investigations.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements in Human
* Drafts and distributes general communication announcements to
* Completes special and/or research projects.
* Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Reports all unsafe activities to EHS and HR Manager.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Must have at least five (5) years of experience in professional
Human Resources generalist work including records, recruiting,
communications/training, policy and program
development/interpretation, employee relations and knowledge of
* Possess a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
Note: ten (10) years of experience may substitute for a degree.
* A Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or SHRM
Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) is required.
* Must have thorough knowledge of Federal and state employment law
* Possess details organizational skills.
* Ability to work in a fast pace, changing environment with
changing demands. Ability to be flexible with changing
* Be proficient with internet and standard PC software applications
(e.g., spreadsheets, word processing and email) and other
computer-based tools. Experience in MS Office applications (Word,
* Maintain effective written and verbal communication skills to
communicate in English with internal and external customers under
normal and adverse conditions.
* Possess effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with
people at all levels of the organization. Maintain effective and
cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the
course of work, including strong internal and external customer
service orientation. Handle sensitive and confidential personal and
Company information appropriately.
* Must possess a valid state driver's license with an acceptable
* Must be to travel for business.
* Be able to exercise independent judgment, discretion,
professionalism and tact in all areas of work including matters of
a sensitive and/or confidential manner.
* Be able to follow Company policies, practices and procedures and
directions from Company management.
* Be able to work weekends, holiday and overtime as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person s unique
background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full
participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful
environment is key to individual and company success. We are
committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees
and expect each of our employees to honour this commitment in their
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application
process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special
assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please
notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT IT\'S LIKE TO WORK HERE!
POWER YOUR CAREER
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer
Keywords: Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp, Avondale , Human Resources Generalist (Avondale, Arizona), Other , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!