Full Stack Developer
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Why USAA?At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the
financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their
families. Not all of our employees served in our nation's military,
but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did.
We're working as one to build a great experience and make a real
impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special!The OpportunityWe are seeking a dedicated End
User Experience Technologist. This person will have executive level
communicating skills, high level creation skill using PowerPoint as
well as a strong background in mapping end user experience. The
skills that will set you apart in this role; experience with
Employee Persona Development, Mapping of User Experience Technology
Processes and creation of a EURS (End User Resource Site)This
position will work in a hybrid work type and can be based in one of
the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ;
Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused
results.What you'll do:
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Works with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand
business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts and
prioritizes stories and/or features to support effective and
compliant solutions while balancing investment and business
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for one or more
Agile teams. Product backlog includes complete user stories with
acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the
Agile team or program. Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or
business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or
more delivery teams, representing the customers' perspective
throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience
partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and
others to develop, implement, solution and release in alignment
with program, portfolio or product road maps.
- Partners with sponsors, team members, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining an expert
understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the
- Prepares the business for the change and provides tactics and
metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing change
management routines, as needed.
- Works with different technologies, internal and external to
have oversight of development, testing and controls.
- Apply expert knowledge in the business development/execution
team, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve and
advance the function.
- Coaches and mentors other Product Owners.
- Demonstrates knowledge in multiple business or system domains
and is capable of leading development across multiple teams at the
program level.What you have:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- Proven experience in process improvement, project delivery,
business/requirements analysis or directly related to supported
business operations/product line.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable
databases and product management tools.
- Proficient knowledge of multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, SAFe) with a consistent
track record in using these skills to develop and lead products
through the entire product life cycle.
- Experience analyzing business requirements, process flows and
use cases to find opportunities to streamline business processes in
accordance with risk management framework and regulatory
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering
- Ability to independently work to gather business requirements,
process flows and use cases to develop and deliver on business
capabilities within the approved methodology, writing user stories,
and following the development process through user story
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and ability to
find opportunities to drive decisions and streamline business
processes in accordance with risk management framework and
regulatory requirements.What sets you apart:
- Creation/Ownership of End User Resource Site experience
- Six plus years of experience with Employee Persona Development,
Mapping of User Experience Technology Processes
- Communication expertise to include both written and verbal
- Strong background in change management principles and
- High level skills with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in
Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience crafting and communicating reporting to
executive level leadership
- US military experience through military service or a military
spouse/domestic partnerThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the jobWhat we
offer:Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for
this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position
is: $95,250 - $182,030.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit
our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Full Stack Developer, Other , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...