Posted on: November 25, 2022
Now Hiring Immediately!
Mechanics Needed! up to $2,500.00 sign-on bonus needed in Phoenix,
Transdev is actively seeking technicians for their Fixed Route and
Paratransit service serving Phoenix, AZ. We are looking for
qualified and experienced fleet technicians to diagnose and repair
vehicles and equipment, with daily safety inspections, under
Join Transdev and become a part of the largest private-sector
operator of transportation in North America one that cares about
its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
Why Work With Us?
- Starting pay ranges from $23.45 to $27.55, is competitive and
based on individual experience.
- Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Benefits
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- ASE Bonus up to $3,000
- Uniform Allowance
- $500 Tool Allowance
- Paid Time Off: Holidays, Vacation & Sick
- Great coworkers!Responsibilities:
What you will be doing:
- Ensures buses operate in a safe, comfortable, like-new
condition by performing high quality maintenance repairs and
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repair on all
business-related vehicles, to include heavy and light duty
- Diagnoses and repairs mechanical, electrical, HVAC, pneumatic,
and hydraulic systems.
- Rebuilds engines, transmissions, and other components.
- Performs road calls, on-the-road repairs, and road tests as
- Keeps assigned work area clean and organized.
- Maintains DOT card and Class B driver license.
- Other related duties as assigned or
What you will need?
- Graduation from a diesel trade school preferred, a high school
diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid Class B driver license with Passenger endorsement and
excellent motor vehicle record required.
- Current DOT certification must be maintained.
- Three to five years' recent bus or heavy-duty truck repair
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, and various heavy equipment
engines, transmissions, starting and charging systems, air brake
systems, electrical systems, and component overhaul procedures
- Ability to operate hoists, machine tools and other related
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to comprehend parts books and maintenance manuals,
and accurately complete any necessary reports or other
- Must possess basic computer knowledge.
- Must successfully submit and pass a drug testing, physical
examination, and a criminal background check
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes
of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail,
paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation
contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing
safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission
is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and
contribute to a more sustainable environment.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check
Keywords: transdevna, Avondale , Mechanic A, Other , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!