Company: Sun Valley Academy
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionCustodianLocation: Avondale Job Type: Full
timeSalary Range: $15/hr.
ABOUT USSun Valley Academy is a premier charter school district
serving students in the Avondale and South Mountain communities. We
believe in educating the whole child by focusing on academics,
leadership development, community involvement, extracurricular
activities, and creating a nurturing environment. As a Leader in Me
School, our students began learning and implementing leadership
principles in Kindergarten and continue throughout their academic
career. At Sun Valley Academy, we celebrate and promote diversity
and inclusion, build community partnerships, and seek sustainable
practices to preserve our environment.ABOUT YOU OUR NEW SVA TEAM
MEMBER!You are an enthusiastic team player who is looking to grow
your career with an expanding organization. You are talented and
love working with students, families and teachers. You enjoy making
a difference in the lives of children and you thrive in a
fast-paced environment! Not only are you a highly qualified,
motivated, self-starter; you work well with others, you seek
solutions to challenges, and you are a proven leader.WHAT WE OFFER
YOUAt SVA, we offer smaller class sizes (for teacher postings),
competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, a warm and
loving environment, opportunities to lead after school clubs and
programs, and future growth opportunities.ABOUT THE POSITIONThe
Custodian will be needed for the 2022-23 school year. As a
Custodian, you will maintain assigned areas of buildings and
grounds in a clean, sanitary, and safe condition. You will provide
custodial care for Sun Valley Academy by emptying trash, sweeping
and vacuuming floors, cleaning classrooms and sanitizing bathrooms,
picking up and maintaining cafeteria, multipurpose room, gymnasium,
and performing other custodial-related duties.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans classrooms, cafeterias, hallways, restrooms, offices,
sidewalks and all other assigned areas.
- Sweep, dust, vacuum, scrub, and maintain floors.
- Wash windows, walls, woodwork and equipment.
- Empty trash receptacles.
- Move furniture and equipment for cleaning and special
- Replace light bulbs.
- Do minor maintenance and repair work.
- Report safety hazards or needs for major repairs.
- Responsible for security of building and grounds.
- Work with the maintenance crew when school is not in session,
- Understand and apply safety-related precautions.
- Operate equipment including, but not limited to, the following:
hand tools, vacuum, blower, carpet machine and wet-dry vacuum.
- Move items including, but not limited to, tables, paper and
- Contribute to the team by accomplishing additional duties as
- High school diploma or equivalent,
- Require one year custodial experience.
- Demonstrate aptitude or competence in performing custodian
- Lift and manipulate equipment and materials weighting up to 100
- Operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Clean and preserve designated spaces, equipment, etc.
- Relate to public, staff and students in a positive manner.
- Fingerprint Clearance CardLANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and
interpret documents in English as well as the ability to write
routine correspondence in English.REASONING ABILITY:Ability to
solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
situations/issues. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written and verbal form. NOTICE OF
NON-DISCRIMINATIONSun Valley Academy provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.EMPLOYEE BENEFITSSun
Valley offers competitive salary, full medical benefits and a 401K
retirement program. We are a warm, caring, supportive environment
where all team members work hard to give our students the best
possible academic outcomes.BACKGROUND SCREENING PROCESSTo ensure
safety for all students, all staff members may be fingerprinted.
Background checks will be conducted on all school staff prior to
their service as employees.ONLY THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL
BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
Keywords: Sun Valley Academy, Avondale , Custodian, Other , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!