Company: CALIBRE Systems
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Training and Analysis Support
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting
and Digital Transformation company, is looking for a full-time
Soldier & Family Assistance Center (SFAC) Counselor for the U.S.
Army Soldier for Life Transition Assistance Program (SFL-TAP).
There are openings at Joint Base Lewis-McChord and Schofield
The Soldier and Family Assistance Center (SFAC) is a one-stop
location built to equip and aid Wounded, ill and injured Soldiers
who are assigned or attached to Warrior Transition Units (WTU).
SFAC Counselors provide tailored transition and career assistance
counseling to eligible military service members, Department of Army
civilian employees and their family members.
SFAC Counselors serve as primary case managers for transitioning
military service members assigned to their caseload. They manage
cases from the time each client enters their transition phase (one
to two years before transition date) through 60 days after
The duties for the TAP SFAC counselor are listed below:
- Provides the same services as a Transition Counselor (listed in
following bullets). However, these services are tailored to all
Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) clients authorized
to receive service.
- Notify eligible Soldiers of the required pre-separation
- Provide Transition Briefing to equip clients with required
information regarding available transition services, and
eligibility requirements for transition benefits, compliant with
Public Law, DoD and Army policies.
- Schedule and assist clients for their initial assessments to
identify transition goals, needs, relevant programs, resources and
- Schedule clients for TAP events and services.
- Support client in completing the deliverable for a Soldier's
gap analysis. Assess the need for follow-on services based on the
individual's objective and goals.
- Provide initial individualized counseling: available TAP
services, discussion of individual transition goals and development
of an Individual Transition Plan (ITP), Discuss continuum of
service and enable users to ask questions, seek clarification and
- Provide individual guidance on effective job search techniques,
targeted resumes, interviewing, use of social media, networking,
career exploration, etc.
- Support client in developing a resume of choice (federal or
private sector). Review all resumes submitted by clients. Provide
constructive feedback and additional assistance if the client needs
to adjust a resume for a specific employment opportunity.
- Conduct regional outreach. Provide support for locally
sponsored enhanced hiring events, job fairs, summits and virtual
hiring events, Career Days and other approved program events.
- Ensure Soldiers are prepared for scheduled hiring events, job
fairs, etc. Preparation includes development of a targeted resume
or application package, Dress for Success advice, and interview and
salary negotiation techniques. Provide on-site assistance for
walk-in participants who are not adequately prepared for the event
(e.g., not having a resume) using condensed version of services
that would be provided at the Brick and Mortar transition
- Collect data and maintain activity records. Monitor and track
client follow-on actions in a transition tracking system.
- Assist clients in the use of automated support systems and
tools (e.g. DD Form 2648 eForm for CAPSTONE eBenefits,
- Assist employers with connecting their open positions with the
transitioning service member population.
- Assist in set-up and break-down of classrooms in accordance
with installation guidance.
- Work as a team with other transition support providers to
ensure a world-class transition program.
- Comply with the instructions of the Contract Installation
Manager (CIM) to perform tasks.
- Complete all mandatory Government training.
- Travel may be required in order to accomplish mission goals to
include evenings and weekends with the ability to use all modes of
transportation. Must be flexible to work non-standard hours as
needed in order to properly serve and assist clients.
Required Education & Experience
- Master's degree PREFERRED in Training and Development, HR
Management, Counseling, or related field and minimum two years
career counseling, education, or related experience. Bachelor's
Degree accepted with additional experience.
- (Required or preferred - depending on location & number of TCs)
Resume-writing certification through a recognized professional
association or organization that specializes in resume writing.
(National Resume Writers Association, Professional Association of
Resume Writers and Career Coaches, Resume Writing Academy or
- Two years of experience in Military lifestyle through personal
and/or professional experience with Military personnel and Military
Family members highly desired, along with in-depth understanding
about the Military culture and the Command structure.
(Alternatively, four years if non-military experience.)
- Demonstrated experience in conducting program evaluations and
use of customer feedback to improve overall program
effectiveness/impact highly desired.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Curriculum development experience is a plus.
- Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation (National
CALIBRE and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer
and supports transitioning service members, veterans and
individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and
full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our
website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team.
Keywords: CALIBRE Systems, Avondale , SFAC Counselor, Other , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!