Supervisor, Distribution Center Loss Prevention & Safety
Company: Vitamin Shoppe Industries Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The primary purpose of this role is to perform Loss Prevention
and Safety related activities to support Vitamin Shoppe's business
objectives in the Distribution Center. The Loss Prevention & Safety
Supervisor works independently while building partnerships with
leadership, supervisors, and Health Enthusiasts to support and
enforce policies that protect Health Enthusiasts, assets and to
keep the work environment safe and compliant. The Loss Prevention
and Safety Supervisor conducts loss prevention and safety
inspections, conducts accident investigations, manages material
handling equipment training, and helps define the loss prevention
and safety culture. The successful candidate will be a driven,
solutions based, self-starter who will be the driving force to
ensure the facility is maintained in accordance with loss
prevention and OSHA requirements.
What you will do:
- Drive a culture of loss prevention and safety to include but
not limited to; access control, key control, alarm protocols and
maintaining effective education and training programs through new
hire orientations, safety meetings, inspections, managing the MERT
team and operational partnerships.
- Investigate incidents, accidents, and situations that may
affect the assets of the company while working with Operations
Leadership to ensure compliance with all security / loss prevention
/ risk processes and procedures.
- Manages & conducts investigations and reviews of employee
incidents and accidents as needed and ensures follow up after each
incident. Drive down costs associated with worker's compensation
claims, lost time and restricted duty.
- Manage and maintain the material handling equipment training
program; ensure MHE and yard truck training is current and
effective according to OSHA standards.
- Work with the Distribution Loss Prevention and Safety Manager
and vendors to ensure we are efficient and effective with the
approach to physical security throughout the facility. To include
on site security guard supervision; reviewing post orders,
compliance, coverage, video audits, and cost support.
- As a key member of the distribution leadership team, maintain
proactive communication with DC Management regarding matters of
loss prevention, safety, and physical security. Serve as
department's liaison as a safety and security subject matter
- Assure proper coordination with the Distribution Loss
Prevention and Safety Manager, as well as organizational partners
to address areas that are jeopardizing assets, causing loss or
safety concerns utilizing root cause analysis and risk mitigation
- Continually add value to training material through
- Manage safety equipment, PPE, and safety supply stock.
- Responsible for assisting with supply chain and retail
investigations as requested.
- Assists in off site visits and audits for pool carriers and
delivery partners as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Act as liaison with local law enforcement, OSHA, AZDOSH and FDA
- Assist with HR investigations and worker's compensation
handling claims as needed.
- Participate in unemployment hearings and provide testimony as
- As a key member of the loss prevention team, assist Regional LP
Managers and store teams as needed to improve delivery service,
accuracy and loss.
- Maintain vendor relations with contract providers.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
including project-based work.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Security Administration,
or closely related field or an equivalent combination of education
- Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the Distribution
and Retail industry including experience conducting and resolving
- Current knowledge on trends and practices in Distribution and
Retail Loss Prevention.
- Knowledge of laws and standards including OSHA and workers
- Familiarity with security equipment such as intrusion detection
devices, access control systems, and CCTV.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong attention to detail and inquisitive mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and prioritizing
- Must present a professional demeanor at all times.
- Self-motivated; must be able to multi-task and work in fast
paced environment with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with others at all levels.
- Advanced time management and decision making skills.
- Strong ability to follow instructions as directed and work with
a sense of urgency and purpose.
- High professional standards regarding customer service and
- Bachelor's degree in Business related coursework, Criminal
Justice, Supply Chain management, or closely related field or an
equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Certified training in Interviewing and Interrogations skills
(Wicklander Zulawski, J. Reid).
- CPR/First Aid certification
Equal Opportunity PolicyThe Vitamin Shoppe is an equal
opportunity employer. We respect diversity and accordingly are an
equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression
(including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state,
or local laws. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the
fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement,
promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, separation, recruitment, pay
and other forms of compensation, access to facilities and programs,
training and general treatment during employment.
We firmly believe that every Health Enthusiast has the right to
be treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is to maintain a
satisfied and productive team of Health Enthusiasts. The keys to
reaching that goal are effective leadership, equal application of
fair human resources policies, competitive wages and benefits, and
close attention to all health enthusiast matters. The Vitamin
Shoppe is committed to the principle of fair and impartial
treatment of our Health Enthusiasts.
Health Enthusiasts with questions or concerns about equal
employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring
these issues to the attention of their Human Resources
representative. We will not allow any form of retaliation against
Health Enthusiasts who raise issues of perceived discrimination in
good faith. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers,
violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to
and including discharge.
Keywords: Vitamin Shoppe Industries Inc, Avondale , Supervisor, Distribution Center Loss Prevention & Safety, Other , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!