Project Manager, Asia-Pacific Ocean Operations
Company: Environmental Defense Fund
Posted on: June 6, 2021
With world attention on both the environment and the economy,
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business
leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science,
uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent
threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world's largest
environmental organizations, with more than two million members and
a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy
experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22
geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You
will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results
are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and
experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face
and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek
talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results,
Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to
Locations: New York City, NY, Washington DC, San Francisco CA,
Raleigh NC or Remote US
Healthy oceans are the lifeblood of our planet. But they're in
peril - from climate change, overfishing, habitat destruction and
other threats. That's why EDF's Oceans program is working to
safeguard the oceans and protect nature, while feeding the planet,
creating more secure livelihoods and bolstering more equitable
societies for human well-being. One of the greatest threats to the
oceans is overfishing, which is why our dedicated team of
scientists, economists and fishery management experts are
collaborating with partners around the globe to make sustainable
fishing the norm. Through our programs in the U.S., Latin America
and Asia Pacific, we draw on strong science and economic principles
to advance sustainable fishing practices, forward-looking policies
and innovative tools that support the health of our oceans and the
people who depend on them for food and their livelihoods.
The Project Manager, Asia-Pacific Oceans Operations will be part
of the Oceans Operations Team and work closely with Oceans Project
Teams in Indonesia and the Philippines to establish and implement
appropriate planning, accountability and adaptive management
systems, maintain effectiveness, and ensure program focus. While
directly contributing to the overall goals and products of the
team, the project manager also strengthens the team synergies by
developing improved systems, fostering communications, and planning
strategic meeting events. The project manager will also interface
with other EDF teams including Finance, IT and Development to
ensure collaboration and smooth functioning across our units.
- Bachelor's degree required with at least 4 years of relevant
experience or relevant advanced degree with 2 or more years of
experience. Project Management or related certification a
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface well
with all programs/departments in the organization and to represent
the team in a highly professional manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly
with cross-functional teams as well as overseas staff. Ability to
communicate concisely and clearly across multiple communication
- Ability to work in a team setting across multiple time zones
and also to work independently; must be highly collaborative with
the initiative and ability to work with teams outside of the core
- Experience working in multicultural settings and with complex
international event planning a plus.
- Strong interest in planning logistics and administrative
- Must be well organized, motivated, and highly detail-oriented;
able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, accounting and/or
bookkeeping; familiarity with non-profit budgeting a plus.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other
software applications. Exposure and comfort working with financial
systems a plus.
- Experience with government and multilateral grants
- Research, analytical, and writing skills required in order to
gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various
problems, and prioritize work.
- Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy. Must
be comfortable handling confidential and sensitive
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills.
- Interest and/or experience in environmental advocacy and ocean
- Flexibility with work schedule to accommodate Asia Pacific time
- Proficiency in a language in addition to English a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and
inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders
across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer
where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: Environmental Defense Fund, Avondale , Project Manager, Asia-Pacific Ocean Operations, Other , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!