Technical Product Manager Senior
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Purpose of JobUSAA values a culture that is highly
collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are
settled between each employee and the employee's manager.
Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from one of
our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL,
Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, or Charlotte, NC. This
position also has the option to be remote.
The Technical Product Manager has working knowledge of their
business and the correlated technology domains. Contributes to the
creation of data-driven business and technology strategies to
achieve operational objectives and help influence cross-functional
teams to ensure business and technology objectives are aligned with
clear action plans to deliver solutions. They are responsible for
assisting the business in identifying and managing risks,
performance issues, and controls related to their domain. They must
also be able to set context and goals with their project teams and
help monitor systems on a recurring basis.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standard, and
procedures for business activities.
- Identifies and monitors Information Technology General Controls
(ITGCs) and Business Application Controls (BACs) to mitigate IT
- Leverages data to provide insights that allow business and IT
teams to envision, define, and develop technology solutions aligned
with strategic objectives.
- Works with IT to understand industry technical solutions to
drive build vs. buy recommendations.
- Key participant in the development of detailed product
features, requirements and develops implementation
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify
dependencies that impact the roadmap.
- Helps prioritize and oversees product backlog and
- Assists with the development of business cases for technology
- Assists leadership to facilitate product/capability solution
sessions to drive the most effective and compliant solution given
the current technology and business constraints.
- Leverages problem-solving techniques to understand, establish,
and report on system health/performance.
- Works with the business and technology to ensure data flow
diagrams are accurate and that required data is stored to
facilitate operations and analysis.
- Serves as a resource to the team and helps on-board new team
members.Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years in a technical product development role, such as
technical product manager, software engineer, development manager,
business analyst, or architect that includes experience in agile,
innovation, problem solving, analytics and system
- Experience in technical program/product management gathering
requirements, generating user stories, and proposing solutions that
meet the business need.
- Proven ability to make data-driven decisions while balancing
product quality and speed-to-market.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of business domain laws
- Expert knowledge of Project Management/agile scrum process and
agile product owner role.
- Knowledge in Business Case and CBA development.
- Proven ability to understand and discuss technology concepts,
trade-offs and new opportunities with both business and technical
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and
demonstrated ability to influence peers and leaders without formal
- Working knowledge of Business Application Controls.
- Working knowledge of Risk Governance Framework.
- Working knowledge of Strategy Planning, Negotiation, and Issue
- Working knowledge of Consumer Lending.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of IT systems,
programs, processes and policies.Compensation:USAA has an effective
process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure
we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based
on your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $97,200 - $175,000.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average. - Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. - - -Please click on the
link below for more details.Relocation assistance is not available
for this position.#FSBUSAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Technical Product Manager Senior, IT / Software / Systems , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!