Regulatory Relations Manager Lead - IT (Remote)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Regulatory
Relations Manager Lead - IT for our San, Antonio, TX, Colorado
Springs, CO, Tampa, FL, Washington, DC, Phoenix, AZ USAA locations
or working remotely.
Regulatory Relations provides a broad range of strategic and
tactical management of bank regulatory agency relationships. The
responsibilities of this role include promoting clear and
consistent internal and external communications, identifying
emerging regulatory issues, and support to management strategy
concerning regulatory matters. Regulatory Relations oversees
critical regulatory processes including the examination lifecycle,
remediation and clearance of examination findings, and ad hoc
regulatory requests. The position requires recurring interactions
with federal bank regulators, senior USAA executives, line of
business personnel, risk and compliance professionals, legal
partners, and other participants in the supervisory space.
Objectives include effective regulatory examination outcomes and
the coordination and management of relationships with regulatory
agencies. The primary focus of this position is providing
Regulatory Relations support to the Enterprise Chief Information
Office (ECIO) and Chief Information Officer (directly).
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.Job RequirementsPrimary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to the business and control
functions on regulatory and supervisory developments; and to the
regulators on USAA specific developments.
- Serves as a central resource in developing strategies for the
execution of regulatory exams and supervisory developments
- Implements industry best practices for regulatory examination
management by providing centralized task management and
- Develops and communicates insights on USAA-specific regulatory
engagement issues, in addition to broader regulatory industry-wide
- Leads, assembles, and facilitates partner responses to
questions and information requests received from regulators,
ensuring timely delivery and escalating when needed.
- Ensures quality assurance is performed on partner responses
ensuring completeness and accuracy before submitting responses to
- Serves as an expert resource to team members on escalated
issues and process improvement projects.
- Provides subject matter expertise to cross functional project
teams when needed.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of work experience with regulatory interactions to
include working with regulators and risk management policies and
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated
- Sophisticated knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to
large financial institutions (e.g., OCC Heightened Standards, FFIEC
Handbooks and Guidance)
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and risk
management with the ability to consult and provide insight and
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the most senior
leaders to provide effective guidance and regulatory
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate complex
concepts verbally and in writing.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.Preferred Experience:
- 8 or more years work experience in banking at a large
- Experience as a regulator (OCC, FED, FDIC) or in regulatory
exam management (or similar work) at a large financial institution
with a focus on compliance, risk, or audit exams
- 5 or more years of experience in applying or evaluating the
adequacy and effectiveness of IT risk management practices
including business continuity and data security as it relates to
regulatory expectationsCompensation:USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $117,600 - $211,700.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details. Relocation
assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Regulatory Relations Manager Lead - IT (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!