HR Field Business Partner (Phoenix)
Company: Sun Auto Corporate
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Human Resources Field B u siness Partner
Remote - Must be based in Phoenix
Supports Stores in AZ, NM, TX and NV
Reports to: Director of HR
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Background: HR Generalist. Bilingual Spanish preferred
Headline: Sun Auto Tire & Service is a fast growing, top-10
independent aftermarket automotive service provider and tire dealer
in the US. We have 425+ stores operating under multiple brands and
have been nominated a "Best Place to Work". We have increased our
footprint rapidly through both organic growth and acquisitions and
are backed by leading private equity firms Leonard Green & Partners
and Greenbriar Equity Group. We seek candidates who are looking for
a long-term career path and capable of growing into roles of
greater responsibility. We offer excellent long-term opportunities
and the chance to join an awesome team and make an impact!
The Market HR Business Partner will be responsible for the Human
Resources (HR) needs of their assigned markets including ensuring
compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations, supporting
employee engagement initiatives, following up on employee relations
issues, and providing guidance to local leadership.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Builds relationships and consults with operational staff to
ensure that human resources functions are supporting business
- Assists Recruiter to recruit, interview, and facilitate the
hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates
with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies
required for openings.
- Visits assigned locations frequently to assess people related
functions. Completes monthly or bi-monthly audits at assigned
locations and follows up on noted concerns.
- Assesses background checks and employee eligibility
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
performance management discussions, and terminations as
- Conducts and participates in internal investigations with
guidance from Director of Human Resources.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Ability to research changes to Federal and State
employment-related laws and regulations and suggest appropriate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
- May require up to 20% travel.
- Must be able to maintain a safe driving record and meet the
minimum driving standards to be approved to drive in the scope of
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of human resources experience, including experience
supporting multiple locations.
- SHRM-CP or PHR a plus.
- Bi-lingual Spanish highly preferred
At Sun Auto we recognize that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that
include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and
incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining
agreement) as well as:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Employee Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Sun Auto Tire & Service provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, State or local laws.
Keywords: Sun Auto Corporate, Avondale , HR Field Business Partner (Phoenix), Human Resources , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!