Company: First Transit
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Now Hiring Drivers Location: 395 E. Lower Buckeye Rd., Avondale,
AZ 85323 First Transit provide transportation via Avondale
Microtransit. Each day our drivers transport individuals who rely
on our service to doctors' appointments, work, grocery stores, and
much, much more! As a Microtransit Operator you would provide our
clients with the freedom and independence of reliable, safe
transportation. If you love helping people and driving – come work
for us! That is exactly why our drivers say this is the “lots
of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do” line of work! We are
proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- $19/hr - $21/hr depending on experience
- Mon-Fri shifts (4-10's)
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid PTO/Vacation
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Flexible Schedule
- Year-round work
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you
- Transports passengers to and from designated virtual stops, and
fixed route transfer points as assigned throughout each service
- Collects cash fares as required and understands the overall
fare structure as it relates to the direct service and connecting
- Provides information to passengers regarding the Microtransit
service and connecting transit service.
- Operates wheelchair lift when necessary and secures passengers
in accordance with company requirements.
- Operates 2-way radio and Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) to
communicate with Dispatch to report accidents, emergencies,
schedule delays, equipment failure and/or unusual
- Documents pre, post trip inspections and incidents are
- Have good verbal communication skills.
- Are at least 21 years old.
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years.
- Please note all applicants are subject to a drug test, and
physical. Knowledge of:
- Microtransit, fixed route, or paratransit.
- Service area.
- Defensive driving and safe vehicle operation. Abilities To:
- Work independently to perform a variety of functions while
working in a dynamic environment with changing priorities to meet
- Exhibit problem-solving skills and exceptional customer
- Has the desire to care for the organization's well-being and
for the co-workers he/she interacts with.
- Be open to collaborate and work in a team-oriented and helping
- Possess a positive attitude, and ability to practice good
judgement, while open to receiving/providing feedback.
- Foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem
solving; and encourages constructive feedback and engagement. We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage
applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous
peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal
opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an
inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is
committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of
the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require
such accommodation to let us know.
Keywords: First Transit, Avondale , Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!