Physical Therapist Assistant
Posted on: April 18, 2019
OverviewMission Statement and Core Values
Athletico's sole purpose is to provide exceptional, progressive,
and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative services
through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention
of future injury. This is accomplished through building on our core
values of patient/client satisfaction, accountability, teamwork and
continuous improvement, which are the foundation for our unique
A Physical Therapist Assistant provides safe and effective therapy
services to persons impaired by physical illness or injury,
congenital or development disability and/or the aging process,
under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical
therapist in all practice settings.ResponsibilitiesEXPECTATIONS:
Under the direct supervision of the Facility Manager and
supervising physical therapist, the Physical Therapist Assistant
will be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional patient care and service
- Progressing patient's plan of care that has been established by
the physical therapist.
- Periodic written and dictated communication to physicians
through progress notes and discharge summaries after consulting
with supervising PT regarding patient's plan of care.
- Frequent communication with supervising PT regarding
appropriate treatment plan, follow-up appointments, and potential
discharge for patients
- Supervising rehabilitation aides with patient care and
administrative staff as needed
- Community Services (such as):
- Hosting a booth at a health related fair.
- Presenting an in-service on orthopedic injuries or
- Providing coverage to special events such as sport camps,
races, tournaments & lectures.
- Performing complimentary screenings to the public with
appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Daily paperwork. All PT Assistant's are responsible for
documenting all treatment in patient charts and completing all
written communications in a timely manner, i.e., progress notes,
discharge summaries, daily S.O.A.P. notes, charge slips, and daily
total sheets, and insurance/plan of care forms as necessary.
Physical Therapist Assistants are also responsible for keeping the
patients chart up to date with current scripts, tally sheets, and
monitoring insurance coverage.
- Establish and develop professional relations with other
potential referral sources including:
- Physician contacts - inform physicians of our services,
locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best
provider of therapy services in the area working
- Attend patient physician appointments and perform shadow
opportunities when possible
- Provide appropriate and timely written and/or verbal
communication and follow-up when necessary
- Continue the development of professional skills and interest
through continuing education course, program involvement, staff
in-services and professional meetings
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the
- Associates degree, accredited by an accredited PTA
- Current CPR certification and AED training
- Minimum of 2 years experience outpatient experience
- Strong communication skills
- Energetic and a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Keywords: Athletico, Avondale , Physical Therapist Assistant, Healthcare , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!