Social Worker 2023/24 School Year - Desert Thunder
Company: Avondale Elementary School District
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Certified Support Services/Social Worker
Desert Thunder School
Until Filled Social Worker
I. General Description:
Responsible for providing social work services to assigned school
site applying the National Association of Social Workers
- Three years of K-12 teaching, social work or related
- Valid Arizona Department of Education Social Worker
- Valid Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by DPS
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and assesses the relevant factors involved in the
problems of students referred because of learning, emotional,
behavioral, social, physical, economic, cultural, or family
- Provides intervention services with children and families that
may include assessment, individual short-term or crisis counseling,
group instruction, support groups, and home visitation.
- Identifies and refers students and parent to other community
agencies as needed with administrator approval.
- Interacts effectively with other agencies or professionals in
order to establish and implement a referral system as a support to
the children and families.
- Provides information and consultation to teachers,
administrators, family members, and significant others in regard to
the intervention plan for the child receiving services.
- Attends Child Study and school meetings as directed.
- Maintains confidential documentation of student contacts:
anecdotal records, phone calls, correspondence, conferences, staff
- Provides consultation, training, and updated resource
information to district staff on intervention issues.
- Provide short-term counseling that will lead each student to
increased personal growth, self-understanding, and maturity.
- Coordinates intervention services with recommendations of
treatment agencies when students return to school.
- Works with the truancy intervention specialist in helping solve
- Makes home visits with school staff, as needed, both with
intervention and school issues.
- Maintains close communication with building administration,
psychologist, counselor, and exceptional student services and
comprehensive health initiatives director.
- Documents and evaluates the effectiveness of services
- Follows District policies, procedures, and directives in a
timely and appropriate manner.
- Performs such other tasks as may be assigned.
Reports to: Director of Exceptional Student Services and
Comprehensive Health Initiatives & Building Principal
Primary Location: Desert Thunder School
Salary Range: Certified Support Salary Schedule / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
Keywords: Avondale Elementary School District, Avondale , Social Worker 2023/24 School Year - Desert Thunder, Healthcare , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...