Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool
Company: Mayo Clinic
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World
Report, 2) and ranked in more specialties than any other care
provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from
Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and
Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you ll find
career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion.
At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and
development and our benefits and compensation package are highly
competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you ll
discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect,
and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional
information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits . Eligibility may
- The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination
of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family
education and transitions of care.
- The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice
settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the
patient and family.
- The RN will function within the Mayo Clinic Nursing
Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for
planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of
nursing care for assigned patients.
- The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a
basis for the practice of the RN.
- The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor
role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement
- The RN delegates patient care according to skill level,
experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of
- The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in
mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or
- A subset of employees may be required to drive their personal
vehicle as a part of the responsibility of their role.
Graduate of an accredited associate or diploma nursing program, as
recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
(ACEN), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), National
League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation
All entry-level associate degree registered nurses with a RN start
date of April 1, 2020 and after must provide documented evidence of
program completion of the baccalaureate degree in nursing from an
accredited nursing program within five years from the last day of
the month of the RN start date.
- One year RN experience within the last five years
- BSN, ACLS, Epic, and PCU/ED experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Computer skills required, prior experience with electronic
medical record systems preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days,
evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends and on-call.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work
- Demonstrated leadership, effective communicator, and excellent
critical thinking skills.
License or certification
- Current RN license by applicable state requirements.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency.
- Additional specialty certification/training as required by the
- Positions that are not on campus may not require current Basic
Life Support (BLS) competency as determined by the work area.
$37.22 - $55.86 / hour
Hours / Pay period
Day Shift, 0700 - 1930, 3 - 12 hour shifts per week.
3 weekend shifts per 4 week schedule. No call.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant
investments in both the physical and technological future of health
care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in
Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities.
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and
Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as
the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million
residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny
"desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst
of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to
live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of
culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and
collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's
desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement
of sports and recreation.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic
is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the
diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any
employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the
LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to
access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Keywords: Mayo Clinic, Avondale , Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool, Healthcare , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!