Surgical Scrub Tech Full Time
Company: United Surgical Partners International Inc
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Surgical Elite of Avondale is seeking a Surgical Scrub
Technologist to join the team!
Anticipates the needs of the surgical team. Establishes and
maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating
room. Reporting Relationship: Reports to Clinical
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment.
- Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count
pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED; completion of a Scrub Technician
Program. Certification preferable.
- Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
in standardized situations.
- Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical
terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for
an operating room.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International Inc, Avondale , Surgical Scrub Tech Full Time, Healthcare , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!