Bank Compliance Risk Manager
Posted on: November 6, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Bank Compliance
Risk Manager for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX, Tampa, FL,
Phoenix, AZ office.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For -, and we've ranked among Victory
Media's Top 10 Military Friendly - Employers for 13 years straight.
We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and
veteran spouses to apply.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding
business products, services, and processes through a compliance
framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory
requirements. In partnership with the business and key
stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance
and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting
the interests of USAA and its members.Job Requirements
- Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents,
projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory
and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential
compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business
solutions and validates resolution
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing
cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations
and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically
and in an organized manner.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance
with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree
- 6 or more years relevant work experience in compliance, risk,
or audit function.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws,
regulations and regulatory expectations. - -
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory
compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. - This will take
approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will
not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to manage and advise (a very busy) Call Center business
with regards to consumer regulations (i.e., Reg. B, D, E, P, CC,
DD, Z, UDAAP, and TCPA). -
- Ability to partner with the product owners to coordinate the
development and implementation of new processes, procedures,
internal controls, monitoring, risk assessments, and system changes
to ensure ongoing compliance with new and existing laws and
- Ability to collaborate (at all levels) with compliance and
legal partners managing the review and development of new online
site design and content ensuring adequate compliance. -
- Knowledge and experience in the preparation, gathering and
follow-up on internal compliance audits and regulatory exams
- Solid foundation in understanding and reviewing complaints with
potential regulatory impact
- Large Financial Institution ExperienceThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. -
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/23/19 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Bank Compliance Risk Manager, Executive , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!