Manager, Quality Assurance
Posted on: September 4, 2019
Purpose of JobManages a team who measure, analyze, and report on
moderately complex quality and compliance audits on the technical
skills and the business processes of CoSA internal line(s) of
business. Develops employees through regular coaching and feedback
that leads to improved results. Executes quality process
improvements and leads organizational process changes. Maintains
compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.Job
- Holds responsibility -for recruiting, developing and retaining
high-performing insurance professionals dedicated to first line of
defense quality, compliance and risk control auditing efforts.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional
development and career progression.
- Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform help
mitigate risk and protect the brand and reputation of USAA.
Coaches on the importance of building strong relationships,
proactively recognizing and offering appropriate quality solutions,
and the importance of sound communication skills and the ability to
- Plans, develops, executes and monitors all Quality and
Affiliate auditing processes and procedures as well as specialty
audits, ad-hocs, studies and projects.
- Utilizes a variety of tools, directs, supports, level-sets,
downloads, calibrates and delivers audit results and analysis to
various stakeholders and internal/external customers.
- Provides recommendations to process and product owners for
improvements based on industry best practices and
- Provides guidance and support related to various auditing
aspects, including but not ,limited to assisting with action plans
and follow-up on plan execution.
- Identifies opportunities to automate/streamline quality and
- Creates a collaborative environment that fosters
cross-functional communication, both internal and external to CoSA,
for collective success towards attainment of strategic/tactical
quality and compliance objectives.
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload
volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing
appropriate Quality auditing/reinspection performance
- Reviews audits performed, territories, methods of inspection
and Affiliate relationships to ensure quality processes are
relevant and business risks are mitigated.
- Serves as the contact for policies, procedures, practices and
expertise for CoSA/Affiliate Quality and Reinspection
- Advanced understanding of the unique needs of our internal and
external customers and provide integrated solutions.
- Assists with state investigations, internal/external audit
engagements, trials and pre-trial/trial activities for CoSA
Litigation cases.Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 or more years of progressive related experience
- 2 or more years of direct team lead, supervisory or management
- Advanced understanding of the function/discipline and
demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards
work products required.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business
operations, industry practices and emerging trends
required.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- 3 or more years in a Quality Assurance Role.
- 2 + years of bank collections.
- 2 + years' experience in standing up quality assurance and
quality control frameworks.
- Experience interacting with management, regulatory agencies,
and business partners to ensure appropriate execution of regulatory
- Experience in automating manual control environments.
- Ability to travel 15% of the time.The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. -
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
9/05/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Manager, Quality Assurance, Executive , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!