Director, Program/Project Management - Credit Cards
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Purpose of Job About USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
This is a people manager position. Partner with Senior Leaders and
Product Management teams to connect execution with strategy,
prioritize key initiatives, change management & improve solutions
Leads and motivates cross-functional teams to implement internal
multiple, moderately sophisticated non-IT Enterprise work efforts
supporting strategic and operational plans. Oversees and runs
priorities, budget, and continuous planning cycle activities.
Plans, advises, leads and handles resources (FTE and CNE
(Contracting personnel) in optimizing cross-business integration of
work efforts and supporting business and procurement processes to
meet member needs as defined in the requirements. Ensures execution
or efforts is aligned and integrated with corporate strategies,
plans and initiatives. Job Requirements Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Drives and oversees teams responsible for implementation of
multiple, project initiatives that may require enterprise-level
visibility to achieve strategic business goals and operational
- Manages and coordinates operational planning efforts related to
cross-business integration of the work efforts.
- Consults with senior and executive management and serves as a
liaison to internal and external partners on department and
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning and
implementation processes to assure that management is knowledgeable
of process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Monitors, coordinates, documents, and communicates progress
toward achievement of business goals, objectives, strategies and
action plan results.
- Provides advice and guidance and negotiates approval of
communication materials with executive management and
- Ensures communications meet established standards of appearance
and content and that all logistical requirements are
- Supports and advises management through research and analysis
of internal/external business data including industry best
practices and competitive information.
- Applies expert knowledge of work efforts management to ensure
efforts meet defined objectives, follow a structured timeline and
are delivered on-schedule and within budget, including dashboard
monitoring, metrics synthesis and quality assurance methods.
- Monitors the team's work efforts and deliverables and ensures
team is following and adhering to risk management frameworks;
assists with early warning detection, problem triage, solution
development and implementation.
- Manages a highly matrixed environment and builds and maintains
relationships with senior level executives.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and
- Ensures work efforts plan (or equivalent) is created and
achieves intended outcome.
- Defines and controls the overall delivery of work efforts to
meet the goals, objectives and success criteria.
- Manages work efforts deliverables to control work efforts
- Establishes overall work efforts cadence for communication with
impacted stakeholders, and provides framework for underlying work
efforts(s) communication plans.
- Facilitates, sequencing, prioritization and scheduling for work
efforts or epic (and supporting work).
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine
benefit / business impact realization to include retrospective
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards,
tools and templates (as required).
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the
organization in compliance with USAA's Change Management
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional
area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
managerial activities. Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.Minimum Experience:
- 8 years relevant experience in project or program management,
including planning, tracking and delivery.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions.
- Experience providing leadership and management oversight,
including planning, organizing, and evaluating work and managing
the budgetary process, including performing long-range financial
- Experience on project and program management and execution
experience delivering complex work efforts working with recognized
program and/or project methodologies (i.e. Waterfall and
- Experience supporting projects with complex deliverables
including dependencies across organizations.
- Extensive understanding of risk management policies and
- At least 8 years proven experience working at a FinTech and/or
- 3+ years of Credit Card experience in financial/business
analysis, accounting, and portfolio optimization practices.
- Proven track record to clearly articulating complex issues,
risks, and proposed solutions to various level of management,
- Possess at least one of the following certifications: SAFe
Program Consultant (SPC) and/or SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager (LPM)
and/or Project Management Professional (PMP).The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $117,600 - $211,700Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total
Rewards.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Director, Program/Project Management - Credit Cards, Executive , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!