General Manager Phoenix
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Hiring Immediately General Manager
Transdev Services, Inc. is hiring a General Manager at its fixed
route transit facility located in Phoenix, Arizona. The ideal
candidate will have overall responsibility of this fixed route
operation including the delivery of safe and reliable service,
employee oversight, management of contract assets, risk management,
client and customer satisfaction and financial performance. This
position reports to the Regional Vice President.
Come join the largest private-sector operator of public
transportation in North America - one that cares about its
employees, passengers, and their communities.
- Setting the commercial and operational strategic direction for
the business unit team and leads the management team and employee
workforce to achieve corporate/property safety goals, service
performance, and financial objectives.
- Responsible for identifying and developing business growth
opportunities from existing customers.
- Responsible for optimizing the return on assets deployed within
the business to include vehicle scheduling, maintenance and
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing KPIs to help improve
- Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans
developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for determining and delivering business unit
- Ensuring compliance with State and Federal regulation and
compliance with Transdev corporate safety standards.
- Develop relationships with external customers.
- Responsible for all staff management and development and
training in liaison with the corporate team as appropriate.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics,
Transportation or related field or equivalent business experience
Field and years of experience required:
- 5+ or more years of relevant fixed route transit management
- 5+ or more years management experience required.
- Labor relations experience a must.
- Proven customer service and employee development experience
- Proven experience dealing with client and local government
- Business development experience required.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws.
- Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations
underlying the transit operation.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit
system's staff and operational departments.
- Ability build solid and maintain strong working relationships
with client representatives.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of internal and external
- Ability to manage cost control and financial/budget experience
handling multiple locations.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
and PowerPoint programs.
- Understanding of technology, apps, Wi-Fi, and understanding of
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent
presentation skills; ability to influence people at all levels of
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently, strong
attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively with labor, including labor
grievances and negotiations.
- Travel requirement:
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities.
For more information, please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Transdevna, Avondale , General Manager Phoenix, Executive , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!