Audit Manager - Risk (Hybrid)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking an Audit Manager for our
San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual onsite days
are resolved between each employee and the employee's manager.
Develops and independently performs complex work assignments and
problem resolution in support of risk-based assurance and advisory
engagements and/or audit quality assessments in the field of
business operations, finance, and compliance and/or information
technology. Maintains a high degree of business contact through
fieldwork, often serving as the principal fieldwork contact.
Mentors junior staff auditors on audit excellence, to include
theory and application of audit and/or business/information
technology techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal
Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.Primary Responsibilities:
- Primarily serves as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and main point of
contact for the business through Audit engagements.
- Leads and carries out complex audit engagements throughout the
audit lifecycle. Leads continuous monitoring and advisory
activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Responsible for performing multiple areas of complex test work
during audit activities. Completes audit documentation techniques
including key risks and controls alignment to audit test objectives
and conclusions and assigning appropriate issue severity.
- Leads daily engagement-related efforts and assignments of Audit
team members with varying degrees of expertise and experience when
conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Develops and independently updates risk & control matrix at the
engagement level for each engagement
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports
and conducts continuous monitoring activity documentation.
- Reviews work of team members; providing feedback/questions and
completes audit team end of engagement evaluations when
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
Makes recommendations for severity ratings to Senior Audit Manager
(SAM)/Director. May communicate with regulators.
- Applies and provides guidance to team members on the use of
audit business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create
queries and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple
sources to ensure valid conclusions from audit testing are
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment and provides recommendations
for corrective action; drafts the related audit issues and audit
reports with oversight from audit leadership for issuance to
respective client leadership and coordinates and/or conducts
- Participates and provides feedback during team audit activities
on planning and scoping, business understanding/walkthroughs, and
review of risk assessment and testing and demonstrates critical
- Develops internal and business leader and partner relationships
while also beginning to effectively challenge, communicate and
deliver risk-based, difficult messages regarding issues and control
weaknesses to ensure proper risk assurance coverage.
- Provides day to day coaching guidance and on the job training
to team members to ensure development, quality and timely audit
- Provides information from audit results and insight to assists
Audit Leadership in the updating of risk profiles and risk
assessments related to the engagement.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of internal audit principles or initiative to
examine, analyze, assess, and draw conclusions from audit work and
present findings to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback
to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- CIA, CRMA, or other audit related certification
- Experience working in, or auditing second line of defense risk
- Working knowledge of OCC Heightened Standards 12 CFR 30
Appendix DThe above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA
has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $88,200 - $158,900* (this does
not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your
work location),Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based
on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is available.
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Audit Manager - Risk (Hybrid), Executive , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!