Director, Business Risk and Controls - Bank
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.We are currently
hiring a Director, Business Risk and Controls - Bank to work in
either the San Antonio, Phoenix, Charlotte, Colorado Springs, or
Tampa locations. Remote work is available.The ideal candidate will
supervise a team responsible for the development, implementation
and oversight of programs that support effective risk and
compliance management in the first line of defense. They will also
support business leader adherence to the established risk framework
and ongoing supervision of business controls and is accountable for
the development and mentoring of an impactful team responsible for
risk and control self-assessments, identifying control failures,
facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external
audits and regulatory exams, and supervising the of first line of
defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the
overall control environment.Job RequirementsPrimary
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging Risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures Risks associated with business activities are optimally
identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written Risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Advises staff and initiatives that support risk and control
management programs, to include governance support, risk oversight,
risk infrastructure development, risk identification,
quantification, aggregation, and emerging risks.
- Advises senior management and influences process change.
- Builds and manages an impactful team of Risk and internal
control professionals through recruitment, training, coaching,
performance management and related managerial activities.
- Handles consulting relationships with internal and external
clients regarding budget and implementation results and Risk
mitigation plans as appropriate.
- Partners with key collaborators in the business and is
responsible for the identification, assessment and documentation of
Risks and controls, including Risks associated with new or modified
products, services, distribution channels, regulations and/or
- Reviews, communicates, and recommends the development of
governance policies and procedures in partnership with senior
leaders to ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry
standard methodologies and regulatory requirements.
- Provides counsel to business unit managers on Risk management
issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on
their impact to USAA's Risk profile.
- Educates Risk owners on Risk/control standard methodologies and
may work with other lines of defense in the development and
implementation of controls.
- Leads processes for collecting accurate and complete internal
loss data from business areas.
- Advises analysis and data mining initiatives that identify,
validate, and handle emerging Risk exposures, as necessary.
- Assists in the early identification of Risk trends by
establishing and supervising key performance and Risk indicators.
- Leads all aspects of the preparation of key reports and
communications and may present to governance committees, senior
leaders, regulatory bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Finance, or related
field: OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the
minimum required may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of confirmed experience supporting Risk and/or
compliance related activities in a financial services operating
environment or other relevant industry, Or 8 years confirmed
experience in a relevant quantitative subject area, Or advanced
degree or designation in a Risk management or quantitative subject
area, and 6 years validated experience supporting Risk and/or
compliance related activities, Or PhD in a Risk management or
quantitative subject area, and 4 years validated ability supporting
Risk and/or compliance related activities.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable
guidance to include, OCC Heightened Standards, BSA/AML, TILA/REG Z,
REG E, REG B, UDAAP/UDAP, FCRA.Preferred Skills:
- 8+ years Strong Risk and Controls Background.
- 3+ years Issue Management/Issue Validation/Issue Remediation
Experience.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $106,800 - $192,300* (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location).Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential:Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided
to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels
are above the national average. Shift premium will be addressed on
an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.#FSB
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Director, Business Risk and Controls - Bank, Executive , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!