Audit Manager - Audit Services PMO
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Audit Manager
- Audit Services PMO in San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Plano, TX,
Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC.
Remote work is available for candidates who do not live in a
location where USAA has a physical office.
If on location: USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative,
and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the
best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and
working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The
actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the
employee 's manager.
If remote: Occasional travel will be required to USAA facility for
training and/or meetings
Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the audit
lifecycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical
business impacts, integrating audits with IT, analytics, and
projects and reviewing work papers. May lead engagements as
Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Maintains knowledge of financial services
regulations. Creates and independently performs complex work
assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based
assurance and advisory engagements. Leverages results from
engagements and continuous monitoring activities to assist Audit
Leadership in updating risk assessments. Adheres to the Institute
of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Primarily serves as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and main point of
contact for the business through Audit engagements. -
- Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the
audit lifecycle. Leads continuous monitoring and advisory
activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Responsible for executing multiple areas of complex test work
during audit activities. - Executes audit documentation techniques
including key risks and controls alignment to audit test objectives
and conclusions and assigning appropriate issue severity.
- Manages day to day engagement-related efforts and assignments
of Audit team members with varying degrees of expertise and
experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge
- Develops and independently updates risk & control matrix at the
engagement level for each engagement
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports
and conducts continuous monitoring activity documentation.
- Reviews work of team members; providing feedback/questions and
completes audit team end of engagement evaluations when
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
Makes recommendations for severity ratings to Senior Audit Manager
(SAM)/Director. May communicate with regulators.
- Utilizes and provides guidance to team members on the use of
audit business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create
queries and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple
sources to ensure valid conclusions from audit testing are
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment and provides recommendations
for corrective action; drafts the related audit issues and audit
reports with oversight from audit leadership for issuance to
respective client leadership and coordinates and/or conducts
- Leads team audit activities and provides feedback on planning
and scoping, and review of risk assessment and testing that
demonstrates critical thinking ability.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit
Services and externally with clients and control partners to help
drive strategic objectives with the business and effectively
challenges business action plans. - Communicates effectively with
the business/clients and delivers risk-based and difficult messages
regarding issues and control weaknesses to ensure proper risk
- Provides day to day coaching guidance and on the job training
to team members to ensure development, quality and timely audit
- Provides information from audit results and insight to assists
Audit Leadership in the updating of risk profiles and risk
assessments related to the engagement.When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. -
This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of internal audit principles or initiative to
examine, analyze, assess, and draw conclusions from audit work and
present findings to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback
to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- 6 years of relevant experience in project or program
management, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated application of project
management tools and methodologies.
- Collaboration skills in a matrixed environment including
providing consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level
- Possess an understanding of scope definition, process and
solution mapping; process structures and components; and standard
project planning methodologies.
- Experience supporting projects with complex deliverables
including information technology and dependencies across
- In-depth understanding of risk management policies and
procedures.Additional Job Description:The role is positioned within
the Professional Practices Group (PPG) of the USAA Audit Services
Department. This role will ultimately support various project
management related initiatives on behalf of Audit Services.
Ideally, the candidate will have experience supporting or
implementing audit strategy and methodology, as well as direct
project management experience. This role will not conduct audit
engagements nor project audits. -The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $80,200 - $144,500* (this does not include geographical
differential, it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. - - -Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details. -Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Audit Manager - Audit Services PMO, Executive , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!