Senior Audit Manager - Credit/Market
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Audit Manager
Credit/Market for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, or
Purpose of the Job
Manages one or more engagements, varying in complexity, and often
participates in highly complex and cross-functional risk-based
assurance and advisory engagements driving quality of audit work.
Depending on need, may also lead engagements as Auditor-In-Charge
(AIC). Manages strategic initiatives and assists with the
development and implementation of a risk-based audit plan. Serves,
and/or partners with subject matter expert(s) to analyze issues,
establish collaborative client relationships, and proactively work
with client management to assess risk and improve internal
controls. Makes audit related decisions with input from the
Director as needed. Builds and strengthens team relationships to
assist in establishing an effective audit team. Adheres to the
Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the
Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of
Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and
effectively responds and interacts with regulators.Job
- Provides recommendations to leadership and guidance to staff
- Promotes the development of effective team relationships and
functions in various capacities to ensure the success of team
- Approves the engagement risk assessment and scope of the
- Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe
and updates universe risk assessment information with current and
applicable research and industry feedback.
- Participates in development of the Audit annual plan ensuring
risks are appropriately identified and rated; and assists with
implementation of the annual plan.
- Independently prepares, reviews, and leads continuous
monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and
- Ensures assigned engagements are completed objectively,
professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and
industry audit standards.
- May directly manage, select, and develop staff responsible for
conducting audit plans for a line of business or staff agency, to
include reviewing work papers and delivering audit team end of
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff
with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting
engagements, specialized audits or highly complex business audits
recognizing the cross-matrixing and cross-functionality within the
specialized functions/business areas.
- Accountable for quality with final signoff of work papers;
proposes and/or approves updates to the universe risk assessment of
the entity based on audit results.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors ensuring
timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables.
- Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for
improvement in the current operating environment providing
recommendations for corrective action.
- Drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance
to respective client leadership conducting follow-up
- Builds and enhances client relationships across the
organization helping to drive strategic objectives with the
- Communicates with business/clients to include delivering both
risk-based and difficult messages.
- May be asked to communicate with regulators and executive
- Influences business and clients across the enterprise regarding
effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other relevant field OR four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Eight or more years of audit or related business experience OR
relevant Master's Degree with 6 or more years of relevant
- Subject matter expert knowledge in Audit theory with
demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
regulatory, Anti-Money Laundering, Global Service Delivery,
compliance, risk, models, IT.PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Eight years of experience in a Large Financial Institution
Credit Risk Management function and two years of related audit
- Knowledge of regulatory guidance and regulations related to
Credit Risk Management.
- Working knowledge of Market, Liquidity, and Interest Rate Risk
- CCRA, CIA, CFSA, or CPA designation*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.For Internal Candidates: Must complete
12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of
placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 03/02/2020
by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Senior Audit Manager - Credit/Market, Executive , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!