Director, Compliance Risk Management
Posted on: January 13, 2020
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented and motivated
Director, Compliance Risk Management for our San Antonio, TX,
Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, and Tampa, FL campus locations.Provides
second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business
products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to
ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory
requirements. In partnership with the business and key
stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance
and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting
the interests of USAA and its members. Manages and leads a staff in
the development and implementation of strategic and tactical
solutions to protect and minimize operational compliance risk to
USAA. Provides operational compliance oversight for USAA, its
affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds
effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
- Provides oversight and manages through changes in the
- Oversees compliance risk management activities in accordance
with enterprise compliance standards.
- Directs the review and assessment of state and federal
regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business
impact for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company
compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory
solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements
- May manage federal/state regulatory agency relationships to
obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation
performance of department resources.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional
area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
managerial activities.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and
regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and
- Previous experience developing executive briefs and presenting
to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.Preferred Experience:
- Experience managing across the Compliance Management System
- Experience to include bank products.
- Advanced Compliance or legal experience to include managing
regulatory exams, analyzing new laws and regulations, Compliance
Monitoring and/or Testing.
- Experience analyzing state and federal regulations.
- Proven experience influencing, collaborating and briefing
members of senior management.The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is available for this
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Director, Compliance Risk Management, Executive , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!