Data Engineer I
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Data Engineer I for our
Phoenix, AZ or San Antonio, TX facilities.USAA values a culture
that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work
type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating
in-person in the office and working from home when needed to
achieve focused results. The actual days' onsite are resolved
between each employee and the employee's manager. Data Engineers
(DEs) are engaged in all phases of the data management lifecycle.
This includes gathering and analyzing requirements, collecting,
processing, storing, securing, and archiving data. Develop and
maintain technical systems for data reporting and technical
solutions utilizing emerging technologies. Partner with the
business to ensure data management solutions aligned to business
objectives.Job RequirementsAbout USAA USAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human.
Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our
13 million members who rely on us every day. We're proud of USAA's
strong history -- and we're even more passionate about our future.
That's why we have a team of supportive and collaborative
hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our
members. And why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers
to our team. With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire
you to continue learning and growing. Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Independently conducts work on the full life cycle of data
engineering to include analysis, solution design, data pipeline
engineering, testing, deployment, scheduling, and production
- Designs and implements complex technical solutions for data
engineering and analytic systems.
- Identifies and solves significant technical problems and
architecture deficiencies to include design, security, and
- Collaborates on design reviews by providing feedback on trends
and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Breaks down business features and into technical stories and
approaches. Influences stakeholders in technical adoption for best
- Creates proof of concepts and prototypes that drive the vision
and the outcome for complex initiatives to be delivered.
- Collaborates with the team and other engineers on new
technologies and alternatives to plan and execute complex
assignments and tasks.
- Helps on-board entry level engineers. May begin mentoring
- Acquires data from multiple data sources and maintains
resulting databases, data warehouses, and/or data lakes.
- Assists to develop, maintain, and enforce the company's data
development tools and standards. Conducts code reviews on a regular
basis to improve quality and ensure compliance.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree; OR Approved certification from
CodeUp, Galvenize, VetFIT (Veterans for IT) or eFIT (Employees for
- 4 years of data engineering, data analysis or software
development experience implementing data solutions with at least 1
year of data engineering or data management experience.
- Extensive knowledge and working experience in SQL and
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not be able to change your responses. Preferred
- 4-5 years of experience working with SQL
- 4 years of experience with Informatica, data stage, or similar
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with DBT
- Experience with Unix
- Experience with Python
- Experience with GitLab, GitHubThe above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job. Compensation: USAA has an effective method for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$88,200-$158,900*.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total
Rewards Relocation assistance is Not Available for this
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Data Engineer I, Engineering , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!