Bank Audit Executive
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Purpose of JobLeads assurance and advisory services across
multiple lines of business. Develops, administers, and oversees a
risk-based comprehensive audit program which provides the Finance
and Audit Committee of the USAA Board of Directors, subsidiary
boards, the CEO, and members of USAA management with independent,
objective assurance services regarding the effectiveness and
efficiency of the governance, risk management, and control
processes. Oversees the development and administration of long-term
strategy and objectives and ensures alignment with Enterprise Audit
Plan strategy and objectives. Leads audit staff and oversees audit
findings and recommendations regarding: key governance, risk
management and control processes including, legal and regulatory
compliance and regulatory readiness, and the reliability and
integrity of financial and operational information. Maintains
knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively
responds and interacts with regulators.Job Requirements
- Develops the risk-based audit strategy, plan and program for
area of responsibility considering USAA's business strategy and
complex regulations and regulatory heightened expectations.
- Provides input and validates annual audit plan for area of
responsibility that is prepared based on risk analysis processes.
Monitors and reports progress on this plan to executive management
and stakeholders and may provide progress updates to boards and
- Monitors, independently and objectively, the governance, risk
and control environment for area of responsibility ensuring trends
and emerging issues that could impact operations are considered,
consolidated, and communicated to Audit and Company or Staff Agency
- Determines, plans and supervises the delivery of the risk-based
annual internal audit plan including identifying areas of risk and
assigning appropriate risk ratings to ensure that critical business
areas are reviewed on a recurring basis for area of
- Participates in the development of audit standards, governance
model, operating policies and procedures for inclusion in the Audit
Services Manual. - Oversees the implementation of approved changes
to maintain an internal audit function and governance model that is
consistent and appropriate for the size, complexity and risk
profile for area of responsibility.
- Periodically reviews and updates the audit plan to consider the
risk profile and emerging risk and issues. - In addition, evaluates
the team assessment(s) of the adequacy and compliance with
policies, procedures, and processes established by the front-line
units and Independent Risk Management to ensure ongoing compliance
with the Risk Governance Framework.
- Accountable for the delivery of internal audit work on time,
within agreed upon budget, and in accordance with audit
methodology, regulatory standards and the Institute of Internal
Auditors (IIA) International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Responsible for effectively managing all aspects of the
internal audit work that is outsourced which evaluates the adequacy
of and compliance with policies, procedures and processes
established by the 1st and 2nd line of defense and provides
technical and strategic direction to audits and investigations
which are sensitive or complex in nature.
- Oversees risk assessments for area of responsibility, including
emerging risks and top risks associated with the current material
processes, product lines, services, functions. Ensures quality
audit work within required completion timeframes of each audit and
may participate in annual risk assessment processes; drives value
to the business while reducing the risk profile. Ensures that audit
processes are utilized in identifying control weaknesses and
developing recommendations for area of responsibility
- Provides independent assurance to senior management on the
effectiveness of the design, implementation and execution of the
line of business processes and risk management framework (including
risk profile, risk appetite, and compliance practices).
- May assists in creating reports of audit results and
delivering/communicating results to Chief Audit Executive,
executive management, Audit Committees, and Risk committees as
- Escalates to Audit leadership and appropriate committee's
significant control weaknesses and strengths related to complying
with policies, standards and procedures.
- Reviews validation testing for area of responsibility to ensure
that the recommended corrective actions to audit and regulatory
identified issues are completed, sustainable and effective, and
continues to evaluate the appropriateness of management's
corrective actions in response to issues identified.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional
area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
managerial activities. -Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information
Technology or other relevant field. - 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 10 years experience in internal audit, risk management,
compliance, or other control partner experience to include 6 years
experience assessing business risks and applying appropriate audit
plans to manage risks.
- 6 years of people leadership experience in building, managing
and/or developing high-performing teams within the specific
industry or specialization is required.
- Experience collaborating with senior leadership, key resources
and stakeholders, influencing audit decisions and managing work to
achieve strategic goals required.
- Executive-level business acumen within the financial services
industry or controls environment.Preferred:
- Deep audit experience in a large financial services
- Strong retail or consumer banking audit or risk experience,
especially in credit card and/or real estate lending.
- Regulatory relations and exams experience - deep MRA, MRIA,
consent order resolution leadership.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in leading through enterprise-wide
change, influencing senior executive level leaders, and providing
- Practical hands-on leadership style, willing to get "in the
weeds" when necessary.
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Bank Audit Executive, Accounting, Auditing , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!