Accountant (10/2019 Avondale, Arizona)
Company: Liberty Utilities
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Accountant (10/2019 Avondale, Arizona)SummaryTitle:Accountant
(10/2019 Avondale, Arizona)ID:105915Subsidiary:Liberty
UtilitiesDepartment:Accounting & Finance & AuditLocation:Avondale,
AZCountry:United StatesZip/Postal Code:85392DescriptionAlgonquin
Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation,
transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total
assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding
pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth
within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and
the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.The distribution business
group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water,
electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+
customers in the United States. The transmission business group
invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas
pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.The generation
business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power)
owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North
American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered
generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed
capacity.Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by
customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and
performance.Please note, internally, this role will be referred to
as, Human Resources Business Partner Description:This position is
responsible for performing daily Accounts Payable transactions,
monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations, sales tax reporting,
and assisting with month end financial closing. Posts daily cash
batches; balances with bank transactions. Prepares and distributes
AR reconciliation. Assigns and maintains financial work orders.
Miscellaneous accounting and industry reports. Offers support
during audits and rate cases. Performs other duties as
assigned.Essential Functions:This information is intended to be
descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The
following examples do not identify all duties performed by any
- Assist with AP coding
- Create and manage daily Accounts Payable transactions
- Complete all intercompany billing.
- Prepare recurring monthly journal entries.
- Review daily cash batches to bank and post; note irregularities
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare sales tax reports; initiate online payments.
- Record journal entries and reports on control schedule.
- Compile Manager package for review and sign off.
- Prepare monthly control package for audit; make available for
auditors on HO network.
- Produce monthly AR reconciliations and trend report.
- Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliation reports; report
- Produce financial work order numbers; system set-up;
communication with OPS.
- Enter journal entries for the Sr. Accountants.
- Provide customer service with ACH, NSF, and all other
- Maintain accounting files scanned and hard copy documents
- Completely trained as backup for payment application
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager and/or
- Bachelors degree in accounting OR equivalent experience which
would include some of the following:
- Minimum of three (3) years performing accounting duties such
- bank reconciliations with high volume cash and payment
- GL account reconciliations,
- accounting reports preparation,
- accounts payable,
- cash receipts, sales reports;
- audit work;
- support of highly functioning operations, sales, accounting or
other administrative area.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Understanding of GAAP
- Knowledge and experience with computer accounting systems.
- Some travel may be required.We are an equal opportunity
employer and value each persons unique background, diversity,
experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all
employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to
individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing
the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our
employees to honour this commitment in their daily
responsibilities.As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our
application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require
special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process,
please notify the Talent Acquisition consultant.Click here for more
information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career
PowerYourCareerFollow us on twitter @AQN_CareersLike us on Facebook
PowerYourCareerJoin us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities
CorpFollow us on YouTube PowerYourCareerLI-RP1
Keywords: Liberty Utilities, Avondale , Accountant (10/2019 Avondale, Arizona), Accounting, Auditing , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!