Risk Analyst I
Posted on: September 4, 2019
Purpose of JobProvides risk management support for a line of
business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement
and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk
through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates
enterprise and business un exposures through the identification of
key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy
and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure
that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on
risk mitigation plans.Job RequirementsTasks:
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify,
assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks
associated with new or modified products, services, distribution
channels, regulations and third party operations.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance
committees, business process owners and various levels of
- Contributes to the implementation of new risk policies,
practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding
and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
- Applies intermediate knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Effectively contributes in cross-functional teams to identify,
assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the
- Supports the formulation of stress test plans for a line of
business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results, and
framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience
- 4 or more years risk management or operations experience in a
relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial
services, audit, project management, public accounting or other
related operational area, or advanced degree/designation in
Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other
quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
- 2 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline
relevant to risk management or PhD in a quantitative discipline
relevant to risk management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles, tools and
- Strong problem solving abilities and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external
partners in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and decision making
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products including
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
Keywords: USAA, Avondale , Risk Analyst I, Accounting, Auditing , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!