Finance Manager (Avondale AZ)
Company: Liberty Utilities
Posted on: March 11, 2020
Finance Manager (Avondale AZ)SummaryTitle:Finance Manager
UtilitiesDepartment:Accounting & Finance & AuditLocation:Avondale,
AZCountry:United StatesZip/Postal Code:85392DescriptionAlgonquin
Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation,
transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total
assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding
pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth
within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and
the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.The distribution business
group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water,
electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+
customers in the United States. The transmission business group
invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas
pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.The generation
business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power)
owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North
American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered
generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed
capacity.Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by
customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and
performance.Description:Responsible for leading a team leading all
aspects of the financial functions supporting multiple divisional
utility companies. Oversite of traditional financial functions
including but not limited to A/R, A/P, accruals, cash, revenue and
expense transactions, G/L and system management, and fixed asset
tracking. Coordinates, reviews, and approves journal entries,
account reconciliations, budgets, forecasts, and financial
operations. Plans, organizes, directs, controls and is responsible
for the activities and staff within the finance/administration
functions. Communicates with home office finance department for
accurate recording and transmission of financial or related
information. Provides leadership and active participation in
financial and administrative projects and initiatives. Handles
financial functions of developer line extension agreements
including refund calculations and payments. Assists and provides
all required documentation for rate cases and/or regulatory
entities. Essential Functions:This information is intended to be
description of the key responsibilities and does not identify all
duties that may be performed.
- Provides leadership for financial functions for multiple
- Establishes and maintains functional area policies, procedures
and controls to ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting
policies, SOX, GAAP and regulatory compliance.
- Provide effective support and communication to the President
and Director of Operations.
- Monthly close process which includes P&L and capital
- Assists with preparation of annual budgets.
- Coordinates for internal and external auditors.
- Provide support to Regulatory department for rate case
preparation, filings and data responses.
- Build, mentor, and bond the Finance team with the business
- Analysis, paperwork and use of computer. Works with accounting
system, financial planning models, budgets, financial work orders,
spreadsheets and computerized reports.
- Makes trips to various division locations and potential
- Works on special projects as requested by management.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of computer systems, billing software, accounts
payable and cash receipts. Knowledge of all essential company
- Requires a minimum of 7-10 years of accounting/finance
experience, with at least 2 years supervisory/management
- Prior regulated utility accounting experience is helpful but
- Highly knowledgeable with processing at a college level in
various accounting and industry terms, spreadsheets, vendor
invoices, state statutes, federal laws, line extension agreements,
service area maps, correspondence, legal documents and
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively write
letters, memos and emails to other management and external
individuals. Must be able to summarize research performed in a
manner that can easily be followed and presented to others.
- Will work within and follow established budget guidelines to
ensure required managerial approval has been given for any
expenditure. Will head finance functions of annual budget process
in terms of compiling, documentation, analysis and presentation.
Will provide assistance and feedback to managers during budgeting
process. Will coordinate finance personnel budget work.
- Work is widely multifaceted, and requires balancing multiple
contending priorities to include interdependency of all company
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are
- Understand how to lead multiple personnel in all
- Analyze and put forward recommendations regarding procedure
development and implementation.We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a
diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and
performance of our employees to make us an outstanding company. Our
Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our
commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible
to all candidates. If you require special assistance or
accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR
Representative.Click for more information on what it's like to work
here! Power Your Career PowerYourCareerFollow us on twitter
@AQN_CareersLike us on Facebook PowerYourCareerJoin us on LinkedIn
Algonquin Power & Utilities CorpFollow us on YouTube
Keywords: Liberty Utilities, Avondale , Finance Manager (Avondale AZ), Accounting, Auditing , Avondale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!